Terms of reference of Board
Terms of Reference: (Revised by the Council at its 262 Meet dt. 6-8 Sept, 06.)
- To examine various issues concerning Code of Ethics governing the members of the Institute.
- Establish standards for Chartered Accountants for regulation and maintenance of status and standards of professional qualification of members of the Institute .
- To examine and advise on any ethical matters referred to the committee.
- To review periodically and publish the revised Code of Ethics and their publications relating to ethics.
- To promote public awareness and confidence in the integrity, objectivity, competence and professionalism of members and to co-ordinate with other Committees.
- To examine and deal with the complaints of members against their unjustified removal as auditors of any entity as per procedure evolved and to take necessary steps to protect the interest of the members.
- The Ethical Standards Board will review the terms of reference at every two years.